Board Of DirectorsJuan Valentín López
National Alumni Association Executive Committee
- Angel Barajas
- Angel attended California State University, Sacramento. He graduated in 2006 with a B.A. Government. While attending CSU, Sacramento, Angel was elected to serve as Student Body President, Executive Vice President, and Director Social Sciences from 2003-2006. He is currently serving as a council member for the Woodland City Council. He was initiated as a brother of Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity in 2000 at the Iota Chapter. As an undergrad, he served as President, Vice President, and Intake Director. Currently as an Alumnus, he serves as Director of Member Relations for the Iota Chapter Alumni Association, and President of the National Alumni Association. He is from Woodland, CA and is the younger of his two siblings. His father was born in Texas and mother in Mexico.
- Eric R. Monzón
- Eric graduated in 2003 with a Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science from the University of California, Riverside and a Master of Science in Environmental Policy and Planning from the California State University, Fullerton. He is a brother of the Nu Chapter founding class and held several officer positions including, chapter president, intake director, and sergeant at arms. Eric helped establish the NAK Riverside Alumni Association, where he has served as President, Secretary, webmaster, & undergraduate adviser. He has over 8 years of experience working as an environmental professional with experience in environmental assessment, remediation, and planning. Like his parents, Eric was born in Guatemala, but grew up in the greater Los Angeles area, namely the cities of Paramount and Long Beach. He is the older of two children.
- Vidal Gonzalez
- Vidal attended Golden Gate University in San Francisco, CA, graduating in 2015 with a Bachelors of Arts in Business Management. He is currently a Program Coordinator at the San Francisco – Marin Food Bank. Vidal was initiated as a brother of Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity the winter quarter of 1998 while attending Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. There as an undergrad, he served as Vice President (1998-2000) and was instrumental in organizing the Cultural Greek Council. Vidal also served as Pledge Master for Sacramento State (2002-2003) and as a member of the National Judicial Board (2003-2004). As an Alumnus he has worked to maintain and broaden Nu Alpha Kappa alumni involvement in their local communities and encourage participation in social and philanthropic causes that better our brotherhood and the diverse communities we come from. He is from Santa Maria, CA and currently lives in the Mission District of San Francisco along with the love of his life and their wonderful son. He has one amazing older sister and is the proud son of Texan and Mexican migrants.
Chief Financial Officer
- Joaquin Amaral
- Joaquin attended the California State University, Fresno graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Accountancy. Joaquin was born and raised in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. Both his parents were immigrants from Jalisco, Mexico and he has one younger brother. Joaquin was the first in his immediate family to graduate from a university. He currently works for the Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino in Lemoore, California as the Marketing Database Manager. In his 10 years at the casino, Joaquin started his career in the finance department as a staff accountant before being promoted to an operations analyst. He has extensive experience in budgeting, financial forecasting, as well as managing funds and maintaining financial operating procedures. Joaquin currently serves as President of the Fresno State NAK Alumni Association and was recently elected as the Chief Financial Officer of the National Alumni Association. He was initiated into Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity in 1996 at the Epsilon Chapter. He currently resides in Kingsburg, California with his wife, Stephanie, and his 3 beautiful children (Joaquin III, Zachary, & Olivia).
Director of Membership
- Sergio Andrade Jr.
- Sergio attended San Jose State University. He graduated with a B.S. International Business with a double Minor Spanish and Economics. Recently, completed his Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree from San Jose State University. He currently holds the Director of Sales and Acquisitions position at Cisco Systems. Sergio established the Familia Andrade Scholarship Award in his hometown of Firebaugh California. It will be awarded to a 1st time University attendee of Mexican-American descent every August. He was initiated as a brother of Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity in 2008 at the Alpha Chapter. Currently elected as the National Alumni Association Director of Membership for the organizations inaugural year. He has 2 older siblings (2 sisters) his father is from Michoacan and his mother Guanajuato, Mexico. Originally from Firebaugh, California, but currently resides in San Jose, California.
Director of Planning & Marketing
- Juan V López
- Juan attended the University of Nevada, Reno, graduating in 2012 with Bachelors of Arts in journalism and Spanish. He is currently the marketing coordinator at Live Out Loud in Lake Tahoe, Nevada as well as a Masters in Business Administration student at UNR. Juan was initiated as a brother of Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity in the spring semester of 2010 at UNR. While an undergrad, he served as the Online Media Manager, Events Director, Secretary and Public Relations Manager, among other positions. He was instrumental in organizing the chapter’s first NAKFest (2013), instituting a chapter scholarship for incoming university freshman, and has won 2 Brother of the Year awards. From 2013-2014, he served as the National Director of Programs as well as fulfilling many online media communications duties. As an Alumnus he works to further strengthen and encourage Alumni involvement with his chapter and showcase the undergraduate chapter in a positive light within the northern Nevada community. He is from Milwaukee, WI and has 4 siblings (three older sisters and one younger brother). His parents are from Zacatecas, Mexico.
Director of Scholarship
- Sergio Fuentes
- Sergio Fuentes has earned a B.A. in Criminal Justice and a Masters degree in Social Work at CSU, Stanislaus. He currently works for Santa Clara County with foster and probation youth. He has actively severed NAK in a variety of leadership roles since 2006. Sergio grew up in a small town of Denair, Ca. His parents were born in Changuitiro Michoacán and immigrated to the U.S. in hopes for better future. Sergio comes from a humble household of seven, and is the second youngest of his siblings.